Policies & Warranties
RETURN POLICY FOR DIRECT BILLINGS TO CUSTOMER ACCOUNTS
You may return most new, unopened items for a full refund within 30 days of the delivery. These items should be in their original packaging and have their serial number or UPC. If you would like to make a return or exchange, you must contact us by phone or e-mail and submit a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number before returning your items. The RMA number is usually written on the bill of lading or somewhere on the packaging. If you cannot find your RMA number, one may be obtained by contacting us via phone or e-mail. A summary of our policy, and additional information, can be found below.
- Special purchase or non-stock items cannot be returned.
- All returns are subject to a minimum restocking fee of 10%.
- Any returned merchandise over 60 days from purchase must have approval before return. Call 1-800-332-3544 to obtain approval with the following information ready:
- Tire size and brand
- DOT from the tires to be returned
- Condition of tires to be returned (tires not in saleable condition cannot be returned)
- No returns on discounted or obsolete merchandise.
- All returns must be accompanied by a written return ticket from Statewide Tire. This will help to insure proper, timely crediting to your account.
- Tires with a manufacturer date code of more than 24 months will not be credited.
RETURN POLICY FOR NATIONAL ACCOUNTS
- No returns will be processed from Car Dealer program billings.
Warranty and Adjustment Policies
2012 Limited Warranty Change
As of January 1, 2012, tires purchased from Hankook Tire America will be subject to changes in the Limited Warranty policy.
Hankook will be adjusting the calculation terms for free replacement under the workmanship and materials portion of the warranty. Tires will have to be within the first 2/32nds of the tread and be within one year from the date of purchase for free replacement. After the first 2/32nds of tread or after the first year from the date of purchase, the tire will be prorated. The change will be effective for passenger, light truck, medium truck, and bus radial tires. All ride complaints will have to be within the first 2/32nds and within the first year from date of purchase to receive credit. Proof of date of purchase will need to be included with any Hankook Limited Warranty claim.
Road Hazard will be valid for eligible tires measuring within the first 2/32nds of tread and within the first year from date of purchase. The products that will be eligible for the Road Hazard warranty in 2012 are as follows:
- Ventus V12 EVO, V4 ES, V2 Concept
- Optimo H727, H426, H725, Mileage Plus II
- Enfren Eco
- Ventus A/S
- Dynapro ATm (P-metric only)
- Dynapro HT (P-metric only).
Passenger and light truck tires used in commercial services will not be warrantable.
For adjustments, make sure to complete and meet the following criteria. Failure to do so could result in not receiving the proper credit for the tire adjustment.
At the point of sale:
Please always fill out a warranty booklet at each sale of tires that includes a warranty. After completion, address and send the top page of the booklet to the appropriate manufacturer. The addresses are available on the warranty booklets.
For an adjustment:
At the time of adjustment, please fill out the claim form provided by us for the tire adjustment. Also, write your company name and claim number on the tire to be adjusted. Be sure to include the completed warranty booklet with the tire for adjustment. If the booklet is not received or does not include all necessary information, mileage warranties will not be honored. Mileage warranties must also have proof of rotation records with the claim form.
Inner Tube Adjustment Policy:
Inner tubes covered by the inner tube adjustment policyinclude those inner tubes produces by Bridgestone Americas Tube Business (BATB)that are used in the service for which the tubes are intended. If any inner tube covered by this warranty becomes unusablefor any reason within the manufacturer’s control, such inner tube will bereplaced with an equivalent new inner tube or the equivalent of the wholesale purchase price refunded on the basis set forth below. Some examples of causes or conditions normally beyond the manufacturer’s control and therefore notadjustable are:
- Mounting cuts or pinches
- Rim/bead cuts
- Valve corrosion
- Apparent overload or improper inflation
- Foreign material in tire cavity
- Intentional Alteration
- Field/Road hazards
- Improper application
- Other improper care and use.
Natural Rubber and Severe Service inner tubes manufactured by BATB are warranted for a period of 5 years from date of manufacture. All other inner tubes manufactured by or sold by BATB are warranted for a period of 3 years from date of manufacture with the exception of racing and aircraft inner tubes. Racing inner tubes and aircraft inner tubes are warranted for new abnormal conditions only. BATB will reimburse the first purchaser tube cost, along with reasonable and actual service charges within the limitations below if adequate documentation is provided.
- Loss of time, vehicle use, profits, or inconvenience is notcovered.
- Replacement cost for tire charges for service are not covered.
- Overtime, weekend, or holiday charges for service are not covered.
- For agricultural, Forestry, and off-road inner tubes:
- Lost ballast is limited to $1.00 per gallon
- Cost for service (in addition to distance charges) is limited to $2.00 per diameter inch.
Universal adjustment documents can be found below as a .pdf file. You may ask your salesperson or driver for a form. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Greg Lipe at 1-800-332-3544 between the hours of 7:30-3:30 Monday through Friday.